Develop the skills required to be successful as an Advertising Practitioner by entrenching all the essential business competencies to pursue a lucrative career in the Marketing & Advertising Industries.
About the Qualification
Advertising practices demand an attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, work ethic, positive regard for others i.e. colleagues and clients, professionalism and a willingness to go beyond the obvious. The purpose of this qualification is to ensure that qualified learners understand advertising agency processes, systems and technical methods in general, and specialise in the processes, systems and technical methods that they are to be involved in by achieving specific competence. These structures, processes, systems and technical methods refer to copywriting, art direction and design, client service, media buying, television or radio production, and print production.
For the individual that achieves this qualification, it means improved levels of competence to compete in their sphere of interest by achieving defined learning outcomes in a shorter space of time, getting a foot in the door to progress to higher levels on the learning and career pathway in Advertising, and improved employment opportunities as a result of the integration of knowledge (theory) and skills (practical) to do their job from day one. The industry also benefits from increased efficiency and saving time and money, and improved competitiveness and quality. Access to information and products and services is improved, with resulting social and economic benefits.
Although this qualification provides an exit point from the learning and as such students do not have to achieve an entire qualification before earning a living, learners can come back and continue their learning process at any time. In addition, certain outcomes achieved to qualify are transferable to other fields, for example, project management, team work, seeing from another person's point of view, and improves career options for qualified learners. To qualify, learners learn to learn by evaluating progress and outputs, and improving on their own work.
After completion of this programme you will be able to:
- Evaluate advertising assignment outputs & progress
- Fully grasp the agency process, systems & technical methods
- Create opportunities to progress to higher levels of the industry
- Analyse & source information required for advertising decision-making
- Forge long-lasting relationships with industry professionals working with top brands
- Interpret information for advertising assignments to determine resource requirements
- Implement, coordinate & manage advertising assignment activities according to client briefs
- Present ideas, make recommendations regarding appropriateness & relevance of ideas recommended
- Understand copywriting, art direction & design, client service, media buying, television, radio production, print production etc.
Discover the Role of Advertising as a Powerful Communication Tool
This qualification is ideal for those who pursue
- Careers in television or radio production or as television or radio assistants
- Client service careers such as media, sales experience, or agency client organisations
- Art direction and design careers from related fields such as visual arts, craft, or theatre
- A copywriting career in fields such as Journalism, and are in the process of changing careers
- Careers in print production or as print production assistants from production companies or technical printing backgrounds
- A media buying career path, or where internal promotion is prevalent, or starting a career after completion a senior certificate
Benefits enrolling for this programme
- The module and course content promote awareness of the benefits of being entrepreneurial
- Modules and courses are designed around the role of business management & leadership
- Learning interventions are aligned to emerging market realities and related strategies
- A variety of assessment techniques & tools are applied
- Workshops are lectured by industry experts
- Programme scheduling is flexible
Minimum Admission Requirements
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) (a): A minimum of 30% for English or a minimum of 30% in English, or
- National Certificate (NC) (V) or equivalent at level 4 – a minimum of 40% in English, or
- A Senior Certificate (SC), also known as Adult Matric for candidates older than 21 years, with a minimum of 33.3% in English.
The following learning is assumed to be in place before embarking on this Qualification
- Language and communication competence at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer literacy at NQF Level 1.
- Record sound from a single source (e.g. radio, tape recorder).
The National Certificate in Advertising is a NQF level 5 qualification.
Develop advertising activity specifications
|Investigate and explain marketing communications concepts
|Present advertising ideas
|Recommend resources for advertising assignments
|Select information for advertising assignments
|Supervise a project team of a technical project to deliver project objectives
|Access, process, adapt and use data from a wide range of texts
|Sustain oral interaction across a wide range of contexts and critically evaluate spoken texts
|Write and present for a wide range of purposes, audiences and contexts
|Contract suppliers for advertising assignments
|Establish customer needs and relationships
|Apply basic business accounting practices
About Media Academy
For more detailed information about the programme and the institutional prospectus, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The total cost of the qualification is R 43,290.00
- Submit your application
- Receive an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- On acceptance of the offer you make the payment according to the payment option agreed, including the Admission Fee of R 5,000.00 to initiate your enrolment
The total cost of the qualification may be split over the duration of the programme. Alternative payment options and arrangements are available. You may select your preferred payment option during registration, keeping in mind that monthly instalment options include interest. Please contact us at email@example.com for further details.
Please refer to the Nomix™ Terms and Conditions to get more information on our pricing policy.
Schedule your free info session
Schedule your free info session
Kindly submit your details in the form to access your product brochure, and or schedule an appointment to engage with one of our Collaborateurs - follow the ENGAGE link above to set-up an appointment with a Nomix™ Collaborateur.